Logo

Have you ever?

34 replies to this topic

#21 anaemic

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Primary Device:Other

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:40 PM

I have jail broken/rooted/unlocked/whatever_term_they_come_up a lot of devices: iPhones, Windows Mobile and Android phones, PS3s, PSPs, XBOXes, a Blackberry as far as I can remember and maybe some more. All that my friends and family threw at me "got under the knife". B)

#22 Thaigare

Confused!

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada!
  • Game Center ID:Xumo992
  • Primary Device:iPhone 4

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:46 PM

And never bricked anything? Well done ^^
Posted Image
Staff Member@Unboundgamer.com

#23 Draidin

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationTacoma, WA

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:11 PM

Have jailbroken every one of my iPhones but now its just a pain and not really worth the time.

#24 stringboi

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Primary Device:iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:13 PM

Never had the guts to jailbreak, I'm pretty sure I'd find it to be a hassle every time a new update comes out......Rather pay for things I like/need and have them work and be taken care of by someone else =)

#25 Holy_Dragoon

Fail Mathmagician

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Primary Device:PSP

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:46 PM

There is certainly a trade off to jailbreaking. Some say it isn't worth the hassle. I equate it to the equivalent of a standard consumer vs a power user in the PC market. Windows users that love to play with everything under the hood as opposed to those who just want to install programs and have it all just work.

#26 Thaigare

Confused!

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada!
  • Game Center ID:Xumo992

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:00 PM

I do love to play with everything under the hood and all the jail break features do tempt me so much, but I am a scaredy cat :P
Posted Image
Staff Member@Unboundgamer.com

#27 Altanore

Adventurer

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada
  • Primary Device:iPad 2

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:09 PM

I've jail broken all my iOS devices that I've had and also rooted my phone. Main reason I rooted my phone was to screen record games.
Posted Image

#28 Wiggam

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:02 PM

I agree..... jailbreakig is cool for a short term time.... but every time an Update comes out, it gets old having to re-do your work. It's fun for the experiment but just leave em alone I say.

#29 Altanore

Adventurer

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:21 AM

View PostThaigare, on 06 October 2011 - 07:00 PM, said:

I do love to play with everything under the hood and all the jail break features do tempt me so much, but I am a scaredy cat :P

Just read this now. :P As far as I am aware, it is pretty much impossible to brick an apple device jail breaking it. The jailbreak doesn't touch the core firmware of the device, just the operating system. The worse that can happen is that you will have to do a restore and lose everything that was stored on the device.
Posted Image

#30 Allep

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:37 AM

Is it possible to jail break a first gen ipod touch? If so, will doing a factory restore reset the device to "non-jailbroken"?

#31 ErzaScarlet8

Adventurer

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away
  • Primary Device:iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:08 PM

I've never did it before and never will I guess lol.
Posted Image

#32 Alexutzu1

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:34 PM

I managed to un-jailbreak my I Phone by updating to iOS 5.0 .
After that i managed to jailbreak it but got a No Service warning !
Re un-jailbreak , downgraded to iOS 4.3.5 , jailbreak tethered ! Now i am stuck ! The phone its working just fine , the problem is the need to connect my phone to a computer everytime i run out of battery or i shut my phone off just for booting my device!

Tried to downgrade to iOS 4.3.3 for a untethered boot jailbreak , but i cant , because i keep getting some stupid errors !

Anyone able to help ?

#33 jsc_tidus

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Game Center ID:jsc_tidus

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:20 PM

rooted my X10 Mini Pro, flashed several custom firmwares for it. so far having confidence in custom rather than stocks.

PlayStation3 250GB FFXIII Lightning Limited Edition
iPad2 64GB WiFi | Galaxy Tab 7 P1000 | 710mhz OC'ed SEX10MP with CM7

PSN & Game Center ID : jsc_tidus

#34 Pealittle

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, USA!
  • Game Center ID:SSGEORGIE
  • Openfeint ID:SSGEORGIE

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:17 PM

I did some mods to my original xbox 360 back in the day, but too afraid to touch my i devices...if something were to happen to them, well... *cringes*

#35 OfficialJJL

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:46 AM

I have jailbroken my iPhone and iPad and iPod Touch, It can become a pain when you have a lot of Cydia applications when you upgrade.

But there are a few Cydia applications that backup your jailbroken data, and once you upgrade to new iOS and re-download the backup application its like nothing.

I have yet to upgrade any of my devices to 5.1 until they release a new jailbreak for it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users